[sakai2-tcc] Planning for Sakai 2.10 and beyond

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 24 05:25:40 PDT 2012

On 9/24/2012 12:54 AM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> I've just sent this out on my blog (below, edited for email). I think we are at the perfect crossroad to start a discussion and actively plan the future of the CLE.
I agree, though I think that this should be more widely discussed than
on the TCC list.

Some initial thoughts:

Pedagogy
     Make it easy to develop rich and diverse tools
     Samigo Lite - simple tests and quizzes
Improved support for industry standards
     IMS Common Cartridge - import and export
     eBook readers and creators
     IMS QTI 2.1
Workflow (examination of how Sakai is used)
     What does an instructor do?
     What does a student do?
     What does an admin do?
Administration
     Live addition of tools
     Central management of sites - editable tool lists, for example
Course Management
     Improved section support
     Management tools for higher level structures (deptarments, etc.)
     Integration with Kuali Student
Development (Make it easier to develop for Sakai)
     Rationalize the service APIs (starting with Content Hosting)
     Improve technical documentation
     Simplify and expand the Indie process
     PosgreSQL support - Oracle is ruining MySQL

- Mark Norton