[sakai2-tcc] Letter to the OAE steering committee?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Mar 21 07:18:01 PDT 2012

I agree,

I think it's mostly questions like

Sakai CLE community questionnaire possible questions:

1) What version of Sakai CLE are you running in production?
 1A) Do you typically use a numbered release (2.7.1) or a branch release
(2.7.x)?
 2B) Are you locally hosted, or hosted by a Sakai Commercial Affiliate?

2) Are you running Sakai OAE (hybrid or standalone) in production, if so
what version?
2A) If not, more OAE followup questions about their interest in OAE?

3) If your institution was considering an upgrade to a newer version of the
Sakai CLE, what Time Frame would you consider upgrading
  - 3 - 6 months, 6 months - 1 year , 1 year - 2 years, 2 years +

3A) If user chose anything other than 3-6 months, what factors make you
consider postponing upgrade
  - Possible choices include: Too many local modifications, Not enough
local developers, Don't trust QA of new versions, Upgrade process
confusing, Other (specify?)

4) Does your institution build and customize the release from source?
(Maybe some followups here concerning contributing back?)

5) Which new tools or features planned or present are you most interested
in picking up in future versions of the Sakai CLE
  - Possible choices include: Lesson builder, Neoportal, Dashboard,
Zip/Unzip in Resources, Soft Deletes . . .(Any others?)

6) Which existing tools in the Sakai CLE are you most interested in
seeing improvements on
  - Resources, Assignments, Gradebook, Polls, Wiki