[sakai2-tcc] Letter to the OAE steering committee?

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Wed Mar 21 07:17:29 PDT 2012

On 21/03/2012 14:48, csev wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2012, at 9:45 AM, Aaron Zeckoski wrote:
>
>>> However, I think it's important that any survey has a positive/neutral spin so it is viewed as that of a data collection tool only, rather than a plea for help which may cause people to prematurely jump ship.
>
> I agree that this needs to be 100% neutral.  We need ask positively about interest in Sakai 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 and OAE.
>
> We need to be open about needs - but not imply panic / impending failure.
>
> /Chuck

I think it's too late to ask about interest in Sakai CLE 2.6 and 2.7
without contributions to support needs.

Out of the 50 most recent 2.6.4 in a Fix Version, only 4 are newer than
07-Oct-2011.

The 2.7.3 count is 45 newer than 07-Oct-2011 and 35 newer than 19-Dec-2011.

AFAICT we've got nobody actively merging into 2.6.x or 2.7.x across tools.

The 2.8.2 count is 55 newer than 19-Dec-2011. This is where I see active
maintenance happening.

We need to be open about both needs and contributions. Imbalance between
the two will lead to failure.

We might want to ask about CLE and hybrid, but asking about explicit
interest in OAE is not our role, AFAICT.

J-F