[sakai2-tcc] [Building Sakai] Google Summer of Code 2012

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Tue Mar 6 09:32:51 PST 2012

Matthew Jones wrote:

> Even if we pass the litmus it still doesn't mean it would work,
> which seems like it's pretty discouraging. What would be the
> goals of this effort?

The goal of last year's effort was to simplify the support for
WebDAV by replacing our "roll-your-own, based on Tomcat" DAV with
something updated and modern. I still think that's a valid goal,
although we appear to be exchanging one set of headaches for
another soemtimes.

WebDAV is easier for end-users to use than sftp, even if
Cyberduck supports it. Forcing people to use Fuse or
yet-another-client doesn't make for friendliness.

Seth