[sakai2-tcc] [cle-release-team] retiring the kernel team

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Mon Jun 18 07:32:04 PDT 2012

I think the idea here is that the kernel team would not be a thing
anymore. There would still be kernel committers and a kernel list but
the team itself with the official policies around it would go away.

To remake the point I make in ATL, the vast majority of kernel tickets
are only reviewed by 2 people (and some things are still going in
without any review - not as much now but it was an issue earlier in
the year). If people are not going to be active then I see no need to
have an official team in place with 2 people on it.
We can leave the team in place as it is, but it's not effective in
it's current state IMO.

-AZ