[sakai2-tcc] Vice chair voting

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Jul 24 10:30:38 PDT 2012

No disrespect intended but I don't believe the chair has any special rights to break ties in this way.  I would have preferred an approach that would see us breaking ties by first offering the role to the person who has yet to serve the TCC as either chair or vice-chair, thus widening the leadership footprint.  In cases, where both have previously served then some sort of tie-breaking mechanism needs to be instituted but it should be chosen by the membership rather than the chair and written into the rules.

Anth