[sakai2-tcc] Sakai 2.9 Skin Change

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 23 09:51:36 PST 2012

Actually our motivation wasn't to minimize the amount of change, but to do a good web design. I would have been happy to use something like the default 2.9 background if I thought it was good design. Changes from our existing Rutgers design would have been fine. (The only thing we can't change is that red has to be prominent and the Rutgers logo has to be there at the upper left.) It came out closer to our existing design than I expected.

Chuck is right that we used Canvas as an inspiration, though there are enough differences in the system that the final results aren't as similar as I expected. (One issue is that their design tends to be low contrast. There are accessibility problems with that.) To see the whole design you have to login, of course. We were limited in that we didn't have time to redesign individual tools, but I think our treatment is significantly better than the default.