[sakai2-tcc] Sakai 2.9 Skin Change

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jan 19 17:12:54 PST 2012

I ran yslow on both pages after being logged in. They came up as
practically equal. The biggest initial savings it figured was if we
compressed/combined the javascript css and put the javascript at the bottom
of the page. It has a pretty hefty payload without cache.

I'm clicking around both sites and the feel practically identical to me.
The only thing I can think of that might make the rudgers site feel faster
is that the bottom isn't attached to the rest of the frame, it just floats
by itself, so you don't actually notice the page expand and contract as
much (if at all)

I suppose if you want to dump the background and make the bottom bar flat
in the middle, it would be just about the same?

(https://sakai-29.rutgers.edu/portal)
[image: yslow rutgers.PNG]

yslow 2.9 (https://qa29.longsight.com/)
[image: yslow29.PNG]