[sakai2-tcc] FW: [Announcements] Annual Conference Organization

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Jan 18 16:07:57 PST 2012

Not me.

For the last several conferences I organized the CLE bootcamps, drawing on such TCC luminaries as Horwitz, Jones, Swinsburg, Zeckoski and myself to present the material.  This year I'd like to encourage another TCC member to take over the duties, all light weight but necessary such as ensuring that a group of us were available to do the bootcamp as well as securing agreement on the topics we would cover [1].

I need to pass this duty on to someone else given my re-assignment to OAE.  No doubt this year I'll be helping organize OAE bootcamps and other whatnot.

We also should make sure we reserve a hackathon space for CLE/OAE developers and other friends of the code to hang out, write a little code and watch Aaron generate his session Powerpoints on the fly.

I will continue to chair the Sakai Fellows Nomination Committee and should vacancies exist in the committee I'll look to past Fellows to replenish the ranks of the committee.

Cheers,

Anthony

[1] https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Bootcamp+Topics+%28LA+2011%29