[sakai2-tcc] Help for help

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Mon Dec 10 05:18:40 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Berg, Alan <A.M.Berg at uva.nl> wrote:

> I was wondering about the road map around the help functionality in Sakai.
> Do we want increase flexibility through a combination of an updated tool such
> as EDIA's knowledge base tool (https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KBT/Home)
> and the tool tips pop ups. I could imagine a situation where we keep help up to date
> information in a central database and the information can if so desired be updated
> by local deployments. The on-line authoring is also truly interesting.

Well, this is timely. There has also been discussion (and some action)
since LA around decoupling the existing help tool and content from the
IU KB database and simplifying the authoring process (via workflow,
etc.) among those in the Documentation WG.

As far as I am concerned, this is big enough now to warrant some
attention to "a better Help" a big-ticket item for 2.10.

Seth