[sakai2-tcc] Awaiting Review in current workflow

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Dec 4 09:10:08 PST 2012

You mean the "Awaiting Review" status? Essentially these are any newly
created tickets. It was created because thousands of tickets were sitting
out there Open that nobody had looked at, and we didn't have any way to see
if they were looked at or just forgotten about. Any developer or QA tester
can review tickets in this Status and either change the status to Open
(which means it's a verified problem), resolve it as a duplicate or if it
seems like an exceptional issue resolve it as Won't Fix for some reason
(like No Resources).

We generally haven't (as a community) been reviewing these Awaiting Review
issues, but it just makes them different from Open as to get to Open
someone other than the person creating the ticket has to have actually
looked at the issue. In the past 180 days we've had over 100 more issues
created than resolved in the "SAK" project alone, if you consider all
projects that's much higher, so someone really just needs to review and
close these off as "Won't Fix". Or we need to do something to reduce the
workload (cut some tools out of the core or just automatically close issues
in them?) Something worth discussing.

Looks like we've got 1449 issues in the "Awaiting Review" status, wow
didn't think there were that many!