[sakai2-tcc] TCC List - Request for official policy related to maintenance of documentation for each tool in Sakai

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Sat Mar 19 08:51:52 PDT 2011

Hi,

My 5 cents. A help documentation sweep per release similar to other sweeps makes sense. The alpha / beta boundary would make a good fixed point in time.  A tester(s) could follow through the help as if it was a test plan and Jira any points that are confusing.

Over process: We have custom scripts, some magic and heroic work of individuals such as Stephen Marquard. We have also the potential to upgrade the help tool to something similar to the Knowledge base tool of EDIA. I also believe, but please correct me if I am wrong, that we have only one current version of help. I would suggest for bonus points:

1) Review the current help process, especially the scripting process and revision control  - Stephen what is your view?
2) Review the current help tool and compare with the Knowledge base tool from EDIA - Roland (from EDIA) can you explain to the TCC what the potential of the tool is?
3) Decide if we actually have resources to improve the process

Alan

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance