[sakai2-tcc] Proposal: Merging Small Enhancements into Maintenance Branches

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Thu Jan 20 13:16:19 PST 2011

I've tried to translate the TCC discussion into an objective set of guidelines, but seem to have generally failed to find the right wording :-(
If anyone would like to update the proposal to reflect your understanding of what was said, feel free.

I've just made a few more changes (highlighted in green), that hopefully better address the process that was discussed. I wasn't trying to write up the minutes of the discussion, just the outcome. I changed the word "vote" to "oversight", but not being quite sure what that means, I also added this sentence: "This means that the merge candidate was discussed, and no objections were raised (though no formal vote is required)."

It's my hope that the guidelines in place would set the bar fairly high for anyone to even consider requesting a merge. The benefits, I hope, would be providing low-risk enhancements that could significantly improve the user experience for large groups of users in the near term.

- Beth