[sakai2-tcc] [maint] Maintenance Branches: Enhancement vs Bug Merges

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Wed Jan 5 09:41:19 PST 2011

I see this all as a revolving conversation of "we should" and "somebody should" versus "we shouldn't" and "nobody should".

That is, I hope we can all identify work that A) needs to be done and B) people are willing to do. I hope we can encourage people to do A while allowing them to do B. Formulating a community position in terms of "may" and "should" is healthier than "may not" in a volunteer organization.

The way to fix the backlog is to allow people to fix it and get to work. And, yes, I think this *should* happen as/before features get attention. But I'm not personally willing to hold adopter happiness hostage to get there.

Thanks,
-Noah