[sakai2-tcc] JSF Upgrade for Sakai 2.9?

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Fri Feb 18 12:48:19 PST 2011

I had a brief look at this and found it difficult and simply I did not
have the JSF knowledge to do this. I'll update the jira but I think the
postem one was not a library incompatibility but a packaging problem.
The remaining problem was that certain JSF tools  (msgcntr & sam?)
displayed the alert messages box all the time even if there was no
alert. Note this was simply to the next 1.1 release nothing like an
upgrade to 1.2 or even JSF 2

Seeing we have regular app server deaths (well stuck threads at high
load that force us to restart) regularly due to JSF bugs I think this is
something we have to look at. Quite frankly to solution might be to get
rid of JSF (though thats unlikly to happen)