[sakai2-tcc] A popular feature request - sak-800

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 03:41:35 PST 2011

On 2 February 2011 11:30, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> AFAIK there are people running this in production. It would be good to get
> some metrics from these people. Maybe reach out to the wider community to
> see who else is running it. I think Oxford and Columbia perhaps.

In short, it works, but as a programmer I don't like it.

We needed to deploy it as ZIP support was needed for migration of
material from our old LMS to Sakai and didn't have time to fix the
error. It doesn't handle errors very well (eg over quota) and I don't
like the model of uploading the ZIP into resources and then
uncompressing it, as it means that if you are close to your quota
limit you can't use the zip functionality. But having said that 95% of
the time it works fine.

We weren't too worries about the performance hit as we already allow
WebDAV which has the potential to allow creation of 1000s of files
very easily.

We're currently running it against 2.6.x.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services