[sakai2-tcc] VOTE: Recommendations for 2.9: JDK 1.6

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Aug 19 09:37:39 PDT 2011

Yes, this is what we're saying. The 2.9 code will be compiled with 1.6.
Previously we were compiling with 1.5 target still and recommending running
under a 1.6 JVM.

Most code should still be compatible for merging as there weren't too many
language changes, but really there should be nobody running under Java 5 at
this point as it's been EOL for 3 years and out of support for 2.