[sakai2-tcc] VOTE: Tool Promotions & Deprecations for 2.9: NeoPortal

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Aug 19 09:18:09 PDT 2011

I'm +1, provided that this is still with chat disabled by default.

Just some comments: I think we should make it very clear how to enable chat
but until it is load tested and proven to work reliably in a clustered
production environment, we shouldn't enable it for everyone.

It also isn't obvious from the UI how connections can be added/modified.
I also had a number of weird bugs, like I went offline with one user, and
the other user said "is offline" (the name was cut off in firefox)

Then in the other browser (chrome), every time I received a message after
coming back online it tried to download an mp3 rather than playing a sound.
Though even if it did play successfully play some noise, without an option
to turn it off, it would have been pretty annoying. ;)

[image: ping messages.png]

This will be great functionality though to have in there to play with,
improve and hopefully turn on by 2.9.1 or at least by 2.10. It seems very
cool.

I'm also assuming neoportal still functions & builds without profile2
installed.

Thanks! It looks great. So how much changes in the skinning doc? [1] Are
there updates for those prepping for this?
[1]
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/docs/architecture/sakai_skin.doc