[sakai2-tcc] Patch to fix DAV for TC7

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:16:29 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Chuck Hedrick has a patch that should fix DAV for Tomcat 7. Looks like it will make Sakai require TC7 and as such can't be committed until we finalise voting on this topic. As Chuck notes, it's possible we could do some maven build profiles to make it run in both TC5.5 and TC7. From reviewing the mods, that looks trivial.

(Will also need to remove the System.out.println's from this patch).

cheers,
Steve

From Chuck:

OK, I've got it to the point where it will work fairly cleanly. Here's a diff. The problem is that it requires fairly significant changes to the DAV pom's. If you want to move to tomcat 7 this isn't an issue, but if you want them to coexist, it's going to require something like two different profiles, and even that may be a bit hard.

In addition to this diff, you need to change the tomcat version in master/pom.xml, and add this to common.loader in catalina.properties: ${catalina.base}/server/lib/*.jar

Tomcat 7 won't see a Realm file in the server path. it's got to be in common, or possibly shared.

I'm willing to check changes into dav, but I'd like advice on how to make things coexist, if that's the goal. If you just want to move to 7, that's easy to do.