[sakai2-tcc] Sakai Jira Guidelines

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Tue Apr 19 08:23:01 PDT 2011

Ok -- I couldn't take it any longer, rolled up my sleeves, and updated the Sakai Jira Guidelines page: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Sakai+Jira+Guidelines

My main goal was to consolidate and add clarity to the guidelines. I didn't make any changes to the actual content or workflow, with the following exceptions:

1) There was conflicting text on when to set the "Fix Version" -- I suggested it not be set until the issue is actually resolved.
2) The existing text suggested "Closing" the issue once QA has resolved it -- however, JIRA currently does not allow you to edit a closed issue. One reason to edit a closed issue (with our current workflow) is to update the status of a previous release (e.g. '2.8 status'). Because of this, I am suggesting the issue isn't closed until all merges to maintenance branches are completed. However, this isn't terribly realistic with our current resources and backlog -- another option would be to Close the issue when verified, and Reopen-Modify-Close the issue to update the merge status.

Thoughts?
- Beth