[sakai2-tcc] [Building Sakai] Sakai Trunk and Maven 3

Robert Cohen robert.cohen at anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 7 00:33:33 PDT 2011

On 5/4/11 1:49 AM, "Matthew Jones" <jonespm at umich.edu> wrote:

> I think that when/if it gets merged back, before being committed, some
> verification needs to be done to ensure that it the artifacts created and
> deployed (in a -Ppack-demo style archive) are identical in both of the 2.8.x
> and 2.7.x releases. I was hoping to have time to look at it this week, and
> I'll see what else I'm working on locally. I think this is something that is
> more important though for 2.9 and it would also be *nice* if we could figure
> out the issues around Sakai deployment in Tomcat 6 for 2.9.

Surely at this stage we should be aiming for Tomcat 7 for sakai 2.9 (not
tomcat 6).
I understand the desire to stay with mature well tested software, and yes
Tomcat 7 has only been out a few months.
But by the time sakai 2.9 ships, Tomcat 7 will have been out for well over a
year.
Surely that¹s tested enough.

Lets try to get ahead of the curve for a change...

=======================================
Robert Cohen
Information Technology Infrastructure
Division of Information