[sakai2-tcc] VOTE on "non-controversial"/consensus additions for 2.8

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Sep 28 19:39:46 PDT 2010

Not sure if you were looking for individual votes for each of these, but:

+1 Including optional CKEditor:

Commentary: I support Noah in this inclusion and also with code if he
requested. There's no rollback needed as it the FCKEditor isn't being
removed, just a newly added to reference. This is an optional feature that
you'd have to enable globally with the property "wysiwyg.editor=ckeditor".
Unfortunately, SAK-7857 hasn't been implemented yet, so users can't change
the editor on a per-user preference level*. *This would probably just be
between ckeditor/fckeditor/no editor. So 'most likely' the default wouldn't
change but it would be an available option for those who want the CKEditor
features (better accessibility, better paste from word, integration with
afterthedeadline, etc). Perhaps the preference can be surfaced for 2.8.1 or
at LEAST targeted by 2.9.

+1 Inclusion on all of the localization stuff. I really like this change and
would like to see this included. I see this as a first step into getting
other things (possibly) more easily changed dynamically for 2.9.

+0 Quartz : Don't know enough about changes, we really don't run much stuff
through quartz at Michigan (often opting to run jobs outside of a live
instance). It seems that Quartz is only used by a few places and not
completely understood. As long as they don't break anything I don't see a
problem.

+0 Account validation: No opinion on this. Most installations are hopefully
integrating with a single signon provider and managing users/passwords. If
it's already completed work that seems fine.
*
*