[sakai2-tcc] sakai-2.8.0-a01 alpha tag generated

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Sat Sep 25 08:48:49 PDT 2010

I've created the sakai-2.8.0-a01 alpha tag and it is ready for deployment to QA servers supporting 2.8 testing.

GET THE TAG

svn co https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.8.0-a01/

Note: .externals does not include indies.  Next week I will work out an alternative method for those who want to do a full checkout of all 2.8-related projects.

INDIES

sakai-2.8.0-a01 deploys stable versions of all indie projects including the kernel (1.2.0-rc01) with the exception of hybrd-1.0-SNAPSHOT.  Details on deployed indie versions can be found here:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/sakai-2.8.0-a01

EXTRANEOUS DEPENDENCIES

Starting with an empty .m2/repository/org/sakaiproject, hybrid is adding the following dependencies to the build:

kernel-1.1.9.pom  (hybrid's <parent> is out-of-date; I've asked Lance to update it)
nakamura.resource-0.8
nakamura.utils-0.8

Lance reported earlier that he had refactored hybrid to eliminate the utils dependency on nakamura.  I've configured a hudson job to deploy hybrid-1.0 snapshots whenever it detects a git commit (polls every 30 minutes).  Latest refresh occurred this morning; nakamura is still being pulled in.  This requires followup.

rsf-0.7.4 continues to pull in master-2.5.2.pom (nothing new here)

BRANCH MANAGEMENT

I've merged all resolved/closed 2.8 issues to 2.8.x with the exception of the following (which are not ready and/or require TCC review):

SAK-18559 (KNL-585 dependency) Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards / allow tools to register their own email prefs (Maurer)
SAK-16738 Merge the "Expand All" messages (JFL)

PROPERTIES

I have added no new properties to 2.8.x/2.8.0-a01 /config/default.sakai.properties. Hybrid properties are described by Lance here:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/List+of+Planned+2.8.0+Changes

See also

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17223
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17223

JIRA

a. sakai-2.8.0-a01, sakai-2.8.0-a02 versions added
b. 2.8.x status dropdown custom field created and added to the SAK, msgcntr and samigo projects
c.  2.8 filters created

TRUNK

a. Trunk monolithic is now 2.9-SNAPSHOT
b.  Indie trunks have been incremented as necessary.
c.  Hudson has been configured to automatically refresh all indie projects after a commit (polling every 30 minutes).  Exception: samigo.  The build fails due to Hudson's current inability to activate the -Pjarsign profile.  Investigating this problem.
d.  As of this morning's 8am build, Nightly2 trunk started up in Tomcat.

Cheers,

Anthony