[sakai2-tcc] TCC review

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Sep 7 12:58:56 PDT 2010

Well, looking at the goals. I believe they all have been accomplished.
http://wiki.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Home

-- Determine final appropriate merges to the 2.5 code base
(Steve Swinsburg merged changes for 2.5. Changes were discussed on list [1]
-- Triage 2.6-related Jira tickets, and merge tested and verified fixes to
the 2.6.x maintenance branch
(Most of this was done through release management meetings in July/August.
Not sure if it directly involved TCC)
-- Determine the scope and schedule for an imminent 2.6.3 release
(2.6.3 release announcement on 09-01-2010. Issue voted on and scope
discussed [2])
-- Determine the scope and schedule for a 2.7.1 release
(2.7.1 release announcement on 09-01-2010. Issue voted on and scope
discsueed [2])
-- Determine the scope and schedule for a 2.8 release
(Sakai 2.8 has a confirmed schedule [3])

Seems to me like all goals were achieved and it's definitely needs to
continue. Just need to figure out where to go from here. Most of this seems
like it will involve keeping 2.8 on track, and deciding on
inclusion/exclusion of uncertain proposed additions.

[1]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai2-tcc/2010-August/000168.html
[2]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai2-tcc/2010-July/000008.html