[sakai2-tcc] [Building Sakai] [Management] Sakai 2.8 Release Activity Schedule

csev csev at umich.edu
Wed Sep 1 20:06:32 PDT 2010

Just to shorten this to get a little more detail, I cut down the discussion breadth.

I took a *really quick* look at this at a high level and it seems like most of it would ship as turned off out of the box in 2.8 but with code in place and ready to be activated with a property.

If that is the case, then in my opinion, this is an easy one to say yes to - all we need is a simple 2.8 test plan to test to make sure that all this stuff is disabled out of the box - and then later, it can emerge as needed , perhaps with a few tweaks in the 2-8-x branch if needed.

In a sense, if I am reading it correctly, this is like IMS BLTI Provider was in 2.7.0 - there and maybe useful - but turned off out of the box.

Do the KERN JIRAs need to be landed, or is that somewhat independent from a 2.8 perspective?

Or did I miss something?

/Chuck