[sakai2-tcc] next steps for S3/Nakamura Hybrid and Notification Preferences votes

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Tue Oct 12 02:36:32 PDT 2010

Dear L,

login

I've just had a quick look at
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/attachment/21877/SAK-17223+2.8.patch

It seems details are missing in your comments.

org.sakaiproject.login.filter.NakamuraAuthenticationFilter.principal
org.sakaiproject.login.filter.NakamuraAuthenticationFilter.hostname
org.sakaiproject.login.filter.NakamuraAuthenticationFilter.autoProvisionUser

are not mentioned in your comments.

Where is the documentation for those properties?

I think such as the following should be fixed before trying to build:
+	private static final Log LOG = LogFactory
+			.getLog(NakamuraAuthenticationFilter.class);

I'm not familiar with login but I think getSecret and
getPrincipalLoggedIntoK2 should handle a null secret more carefully.

Looks like a null principal is dealt with in doFilter.

I can't find where the jsonObject added to the List returned by
getPrincipalLoggedIntoK2 is used.

I'm afraid I cannot answer
// what about top.login = false ?
but I think this has to be answered before your changes get in.

Looks like there are still dependencies on
org.sakaiproject.nakamura.utils. Thought they were gone.

Why is there a jdk15 classifier in the json-lib dependency?

providers

Now, I'm having a look at
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/attachment/21876/SAK-17222+2.8.patch.

Why are you using a different CONFIG_PREFIX instead of using hybrid
shared configuration properties.

AFAICT, you're duplicating .principal, .hostname and .validateUrl.

You're also duplicating:
private static final String COOKIE_NAME = "SAKAI-TRACKING";
private static final String ANONYMOUS = "anonymous";

Why aren't those strings from configuration?

In authenticateUser, I think you should at least issue a WARNING when
requested to authenticate with a null eid.

I think you should also issue a WARNING when asked to findUserByEmail
with a null email or to getUser when edit is null.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about providers, but I think
+		// What is the best default?
in authenticateWithProviderFirst should be answered before your changes
get in.

I wonder how unsupported getUsers should be handled.

I think my comment about handling a null secret in login also applies to
provider.

Looks like there are still dependencies on
org.sakaiproject.nakamura.utils. Thought they were gone.

Hybrid

As for the main hybrid, I don't know for sure if you've answered AZ's
questions already but my small knowledge makes me think you didn't.

Thanks, J-F