[sakai2-tcc] VOTE on inclusion of S3/Nakamura Hybrid work in 2.8

csev csev at umich.edu
Sun Oct 3 07:18:54 PDT 2010

+0

I think there is little value in a large, independent, unused artifact being carried along in the 2.8 distribution "in case" someone running 2.8 might want to run hybrid mode.  I also do not want dependencies on this code introduced elsewhere without solid review.  If a school is going to run hybrid mode, they have a lot of things to do to both their S3 and S2 instances - dropping in a war file into their 2.8 is likely to be the least challenging of their technical details needed to implement hybrid mode.

I am strongly supportive of keeping the patches in 2.8 (as described below) to make it easy to drop the nakumura war into a Sakai to enable hybrid mode.

I am strongly supportive of keeping everything in the SVN and evolving it there.

I am strongly supportive of keeping nakumura in trunk+experimental so Lance always has a nightly server to play with and to insure that changes either to the rest of Sakai or the Nakumura artifact do not result in incompatibilities in terms of the build ability of Sakai+the nakumura webapp.

But I don't think there is a case to be made to include the binary and source artifacts for the nakumura webapp in every Sakai 2.8 distribution at this time.

/Chuck