[sakai2-tcc] Cross cutting concerns and prompt patching during a major release

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Mon Nov 29 14:44:23 PST 2010

      Hi Megan,

      The problem is what happens when the tool leader is unresponsive. In my case (i18n), this happens more times than I wanted. :( When I fix a bug, first thing I do is write an email to the leader asking him/her to test (and offering my help, if needed) and commit the patch to solve the bug (note that I'm refering to bug and a bug is something that doesn't work, a failure). If 15 days after, the leader is unresponsive, I write an email once again. Some of them, answer then but other don't. Should I commit the patch fixing a bug (let me insist in the fact that a bug is a solution to a problem that makes a software no to work) instead of writing an email to the leader n times? Should I forward my mails to MT that, by the way, it is very busy and whose I'm a member. I waste lots of time writing mails instead of fixing bugs and this has a impact on Sakai QA.

      If we want Sakai to be spread all around the world, i18n is key (think in China, Latinamerica, etc.). So we need an agile way to put our i18n bug patches so that institutions can see Sakai speaking multilingual without errors.

      Cheers,
           David