[sakai2-tcc] Java 1.6 and Sakai 2.9

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Fri Nov 19 08:15:57 PST 2010

The 2.6.x build is the only one using 1.5, all the rest are on 1.6 so shouldn't make any difference to nightly2!

Chris

From: Anthony Whyte <arwhyte at umich.edu<mailto:arwhyte at umich.edu>>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:13:53 -0500
To: Seth Theriault <slt at columbia.edu<mailto:slt at columbia.edu>>
Cc: Jones Matthew <jonespm at umich.edu<mailto:jonespm at umich.edu>>, "sakai2-tcc at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai2-tcc at collab.sakaiproject.org> Committee Coordination" <sakai2-tcc at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai2-tcc at collab.sakaiproject.org>>, Chris Maurer <chmaurer at iupui.edu<mailto:chmaurer at iupui.edu>>
Subject: Re: [sakai2-tcc] Java 1.6 and Sakai 2.9

Next Tuesday I plan to reconfigure the purepoms compiler plugin to compile with 1.6 (locally) and see how the indies behave when I compile them.  If they compile without complaint when I run

mvn compile

I'll test the rest of trunk.  If trunk behaves then perhaps we set the date between Wed-Fri, 1-3 December.  The date should be coordinated with Chris--not sure if Nightly2 build scripts require any adjustment.

I plan to use version 2.3.2 of the compiler plugin (and specify the version in the <plugin> entry).

<plugin>
<inherited>true</inherited>
<configuration>
<source>1.6</source>