[sakai2-tcc] Strawman - Sakai 2.8 Release Activity Scheduling

May, Megan Marie mmmay at indiana.edu
Wed Jul 21 13:27:31 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,
     At the conference there was consensus  that we should release on a time based schedule with a release in early 2011.      I've started sketching out the activities that need to occur for a 2.8.0 release by March 1, 2011.
 I've been doing this using Excel since it's easier to manipulate than a table in Confluence.    The current version is attached and it is also out on Confluence at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/8RkhB<http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/8RkhB>.
What is missing from this list?  Are there items I've proposed an insane timeline for?  Are the activity 'Owners' correct?  Past schedules have included a kernel freeze although I can't remember adhering to one - which begs the question, do we really need it?
I've purposely left some items off the schedule until the general framework (ie code freeze, tags) of schedule is solid or certain people can weigh in:

*         Identify times to touch base with QA Leads (Alan, can you weigh in)

o   Accessibility

o   Internationalization

o   Security

o   Performance