[sakai2-tcc] Filtering Content served from CHS

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 06:27:33 PST 2010

On 10 December 2010 14:17, Jean-Francois Leveque
<jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr> wrote:
> Matthew Buckett a écrit :

>>> Now I think I get it. All pages that are not well formed HTML from a
>>> header/footer point of view are fixed. If I get this right this means a
>>> reason
>>> for not doing this.
>>
>> Ok, we locally also have some content that needs to remain as a
>> fragment as it's loaded through XmlHttpRequests and added to the DOM.
>>
>>> I'm not sure I understand what the option for users does. Does enable
>>> setting the filter on for files that are not automagically detected?
>>
>> Yes, so if you have lots of whitespace at the start of your HTML page
>> then it might not detect the <html> and append it automatically.
>
> So this is more the ability to set it off when not needed.

Yes, and to force it on if for some reason it doesn't incorrectly
decides there is a opening html tag, eg:

<!-- <html> rocks -->

Which would probably still want the actual content having a header and
footer added, to me adding full parsing of HTML was overkill.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services