[sakai2-tcc] 2.8 status, schedule and tags

csev csev at umich.edu
Fri Dec 3 09:24:13 PST 2010

On Dec 3, 2010, at 2:47 AM, Berg, Alan wrote:

> John, every bit helps, but I must say Rsmarts stated effort is minimal, Conditional release, which has already been tested by other parties. The selenium plans are always welcome, but are 90% covered by a stress test at Columbia that goes down 2 levels of links for all tools in a site. The selenium plans become more interesting when automated against Hudson.

Alan,

I think you are taking the wrong approach here.   You are focusing on breadth of coverage - which is one important aspect of QA testing - but having two tests covering the core functionality from slightly different perspectives and using slightly different approaches is very valuable.

There is great value in any and all testing of core functionality to insure there are no regressions.

/Chuck