[sakai2-tcc] 2.8 status, schedule and tags

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Thu Dec 2 23:47:31 PST 2010

Noah, QA is not pointing fingers. Each tag I congratulate the effort of Individuals and organisations that involve themselves. I am happy with the QA leads, MT, Unicon,Longsight, Marist and anyone mentioned on the testers wall (and of course the TCC). The list will expand as the testers wall notes expand.

I agree with Megan's assessment. I can only judge the effort by stated intention and e-mail traffic. The testers wall is an over estimate of man hours and can be found here: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/QA+Testers+Wall

The testing plan of attack with names by product to test: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/2.7.0+Changes looks bleak, but perhaps despite the on-list calls the documentation is indirect through Jira.

John, every bit helps, but I must say Rsmarts stated effort is minimal, Conditional release, which has already been tested by other parties. The selenium plans are always welcome, but are 90% covered by a stress test at Columbia that goes down 2 levels of links for all tools in a site. The selenium plans become more interesting when automated against Hudson.

The 2.8 cycle has less hands than 2.7 which had less hands than 2.6 A pause in tagging makes sense if it gives the community time to increase resources.

Alan

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance