[sakai2-tcc] URL Shortening service for Sakai

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 16:47:19 PDT 2010

Thanks for the positive feedback gents.

As you've discovered, it's got a few modules (API, Impl and a servlet to resolve the links that the randomised url generator makes) and I already have it setup as an indie with a Tomcat overlay so as soon as I can publish an artifact it could be put into the experimental pom.

We could move it into another project later perhaps. The value of it *not* being in one of the other major projects (Kernel, Common) is that it makes it easy for local institutions to create their own implementations and use them. Of course they could create a separate module and wire it up via Spring themselves but it's all there ready to go and can easily be added to and put into an institutions mSub repo.

ANU has a URL shortening system already so at some stage we may even want to make an implementation that hooks into that so just putting our own implementation in the source would be super.

Also just thinkin out loud!

cheers,
Steve