[sakai2-tcc] Roster tool changes

csev csev at umich.edu
Thu Aug 19 06:20:06 PDT 2010

Dan/Adrian,

Looks like good stuff a few questions.

-  It appears as thought this makes no changes to any database information so there is no conversion necessary - cool

-  The "data model" is SakaiProxyImpl.java - and this just calls a bunch of existing Sakai services to produce a service which gives a roster-view of existing Sakai data - cool.   I am curious how tricky this code is - would it work with a number of recent Sakai releases or does it depend on recent changes to the services it calls?  There is no wrong answer - more of a curiosity.

- With the switch to trimpath, it would be good to get an accessibility review by someone outside the team just to make sure that it is as good or better than the old tool - I see you have fixed some accessibility things - so I would guess this is already on your minds - but a third-party look at it when you are ready would make everyone more comfortable, I think.  For me personally, I would like to understand better the impact of using trimpath in general on accessibility as per the experts.

We are looking at code freeze in the third week of September for 2.8 - we wondered if Roster might be trying to squeeze into 2.8 before the freeze.    At this point with 4-5 weeks remaining, it would seem a bit of a stretch to put this into 2.8 on that time scale unless someone was running it in production somewhere.    Feel free to clarify if I misunderstood.

Again, thanks - this sounds like good stuff we all will benefit from and in my short review the code looks nicely self-contained that will drop in pretty painlessly.

/Chuck