[sakai2-tcc] Oracle Database Support

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Aug 18 14:05:28 PDT 2010

In addition, it also looks like the extended support has ended for Oracle
9i. Oracle 10 is supported on an extended basis through 2013, but it seems
like most would probably be looking to upgrade to 11. I think this is a good
question to ask. This became an issue lately with conversion scripts, as
most of them were written (on the oracle side) for 10g specific functions,
and it really made writing them quite a bit easier. We also could
potentially take advantage of feature of newer database if we weren't
supporting older versions.

This discussion should probably also include mysql but I don't know enough
about that platform, as we aren't actively running it.

http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Oracle_9i

Oracle 9i Release 2 (9.2.0)

extended support until July 2008 </wiki/2008>. For more info, see
http://www.oracle.com/features/hp/database-9i-support.html
Last patch-set: 9.2.0.8

Premier Support Ends: 31-Jul-2007 </wiki/2007>
Extended Support Ends: 30-Jul-2010 </wiki/2010>

Oracle 10g Release 2 (10.2.0)

In July 2005 </wiki/2005>, Oracle Database 10.2.0.1 - also known as Oracle
Database 10g Release 2 (10gR2) - was released.

Latest patch-set: 10.2.0.5 (the terminal patch set for this release)

Premier Support Ends: 31-Jul-2010 </wiki/2010> (First Year Extended Support
fees waived, so it will be fully supported until 31-Jul-2011 </wiki/2011>)
Extended Support Ends: 31-Jul-2013 </wiki/2013>