[sakai2-tcc] Update on Strawman schedule for Sakai 2.8 Release Activity

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Thu Aug 5 01:01:00 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Safe to say the tool mentioned is solely the excellent effort of John Bush, I just want the tool to get used :)

I am also interested in seeing if we can compare and perhaps use the Sakai specific tool in combination with a translators web portal such as http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/index which appears to have some traction in the market place http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/live_servers. Note, Beth haves much more experience in this field and can list a few more portals. I like the idea of any one being able to create an account and do some work and anyone tracking the overall progress. The application supports an active do-ocracy.

Indie projects are a potential game changer in terms of release timing's. If we look at the number of Jira's per month there are currently three peaks in activities in the year. If we synchronize Indie releases a little bit  we can flatten the load over the whole year to give bottlenecks in resources such as QA to more consistently chew at their very long todo lists. This would also play out with translation work.

Finally, I see the point to a hook in subversion that updates a web page when a message file changes, so that we can see when incremental changes occur during minor releases or do we need yet another tick box in Jira.

Now all I need is a little time (or an interested party) and an extra server to get pootle up [HINT hint, nudge, nudge,wink, wink]

Alan B

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance