[sakai2-tcc] Update on Strawman schedule for Sakai 2.8 Release Activity

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Wed Aug 4 13:47:49 PDT 2010

I think having the string freeze coincide with the code freeze or
branch freeze makes sense, though realistically, I wouldn't recommend
anyone start translations until the first release candidate, since
occasionally bug fixes necessitate UI changes. I think the real road-
block to getting more translations is the difficulty of the
translation process itself (which requires a fair amount of technical
know-how). Getting a translation server that removes the technical
barriers is the best solution, and I know that Alan Berg and John Bush
are working on this.

- Beth

On Aug 3, 2010, at 7:00 AM, Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:

> Hi Megan,
>
> String freeze time for previous releases happened too late, as far as
> I'm concerned. I want this to change.
>
> The i18n string calls are in code and the properties files are built
> with the code. It seems logical to me that string freeze happens at
> the
> same time as code freeze.
>
> If it's not the case for 2.8.0, I think late (after code freeze)
> string
> changes should happen no later than the end of November and be
> announced
> to the i18n list when they happen.
>
> J-F
>
> May, Megan Marie a écrit :
>> Hi J-F,
>>   I wasn't suggesting that there not be a string freeze at
>> all . . . just that timing it to occur at code freeze probably
>> wasn't realistic this round. I believe that string freeze for
>> previous releases was sometime after the 1st of the year.  Is there
>> somewhere between mid-Sept and then that would work?
>>
>> Megan

>>> translation. We should also ask for intend to translate or update