[Using Sakai] Sakai & Canvas...

Laura Gekeler LGekeler at nd.edu
Tue Mar 10 13:10:32 PDT 2015

Nice to 'meet' you too, Barb! It looks like we're neighbors. Good to know
Bradley is a Sakai school too. There are a number of small private schools
who use Sakai - Rutgers, Pepperdine, Tufts, Duke....

We may not have the numbers Indiana or Michigan did, but there are many
ways even the small guys can contribute to the evolution of Sakai. Notre
Dame doesn't have developers to contribute, but when our faculty
experiences a pain point they eagerly collect funds for us to pay
developers to take care of it. When they particularily want a feature, the
same. Notre Dame eagerly contributed funding for the Gradebook enhancement
project which we'll hear more about in a webinar this month. I know there's
also a place for us to contribute to quality assurance, testing real life
scenarios we know and care about, and we're doing that now through our
vendor Longsight...

I hope to see you at Open Apereo in Baltimore. I'm sure many of us will be
discussing what we want the future of Sakai to be and contributing to its
roadmap. If I don't see you there, maybe I'll just have to come visit
Peoria!

Take care,

Laura

Laura Gekeler
LMS Administrator //Concurrent Instructor
Teaching and Learning Technologies
University of Notre Dame
P:(1) 574-631-2402