[Using Sakai] Fw: Sakai Turnitin Integration

Karen McPhaul mcphaulk at durhamtech.edu
Fri Feb 27 07:39:25 PST 2015

Scott Siddall asked me to share with the list his response below. My understanding, based on what others had posted, was that VeriCite lacked a feature like Turnitin's Grademark, which allows instructors to "mark up" students' papers with comments -- both on-the-fly comments and pre-written, frequently-used comments. I was wrong, VeriCite does have this capability. I just tried it out at the VeriCite trial site and found that it works nicely and is comparable to (perhaps better than) Turnitin's Grademark functionality.

You can try out VeriCite here: https://www.longsight.com/technologies/vericite-trial-site

Karen

Karen McPhaul
Senior Director, Instructional Technologies
Durham Technical Community College
Durham, North Carolina