[Using Sakai] Sakai Turnitin Integration

Marilyn Dispensa mdispensa at ithaca.edu
Thu Feb 19 12:41:17 PST 2015

?Hi Tyler,

I know there are some people from Oxford particularly interested in this and Turnitin has approached us for testing but we haven't had the chance.  Can anyone chime in on their findings? We are also quite upset about losing the simplicity of the current Sakai TII integration which after  some early problems. It is now very reliable and easy within Assignments. I told them if the LTI integration wasn't rock solid and good by early spring, there's no way we would deploy for Fall 2015 when you consider, testing, revising documentation, communicating and training on the change.

I know that nothing in technology stays forever. Ideally, I would like the current API to be supported for the next academic year and to be able to pilot the LTI solution, give feedback, and then maybe hope that it turns out better.

Is there anyway Sakai community using TII could put some pressure on iParadigms to support until summer 2016?    We are in the first year of our second 3 year renewal.

Maybe we could threaten to jump ship to Vericite?

Marilyn Dispensa

Ithaca College.