[Using Sakai] WebDAV & Sakai

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Fri Feb 13 11:08:41 PST 2015

Right, but a central part of my point is that if WebDAV is reduced to up
& downloading, then it's not much different from FTP, rsync, and similar
alternatives. This raises 2 issues: (1) why bother with WebDAV, since
it's known to be problematic on the client side and apparently, since it
can't be fully implemented easily, on the server side too; use one of
the alternatives instead. (2) If it's limited WebDAV, with only some of
full WebDAV's capabilities, then this needs to be stated clearly; don't
say "Sakai supports WebDAV," and then after someone like me wastes an
afternoon trying to get a certain WebDAV feature working, say "Oh, but
not that feature of WebDAV."