[Using Sakai] Assignment Announcements Email Notification

Chris Kretler ckretler at umich.edu
Mon May 19 09:49:07 PDT 2014

Hello Horst,

There isn't a way to directly send email messages from within the
Assignments tool, but you can modify the created announcement to send
email.  That will save you from having to create a new announcement which
generates email.

To do this:

1.  Create your assignment with associated announcement.
2.  Open the announcements tool, find the created announcement and select
'Edit'.
3.  Modify the Email Notification to be 'High - All participants' and click
'Save Changes'.

Regards,
Chris Kretler
Business Analyst