[Using Sakai] Assignment Announcements Email Notification

Horst Hohberger horst at sjtu.edu.cn
Sat May 17 22:15:54 PDT 2014

I hope this list is the right place for me to ask this question. I couldn't find any info online.

When posting an assignment, I check the "Add an announcement about the open date to Announcements" box. For a standard announcement, I can also use the "Email Notification:" drop-down menu to have students notified of the announcement.

Is there a way to combine these two functions when posting an assignment? I want to have an announcement added about the open date for the assignment as well as a notification sent out to students in one fell swoop.

Any help would be appreciated!

Horst

Dr. Horst Hohberger
Lecturer for Mathematics
University of Michigan - Shanghai Jiaotong University Joint Institute
上海交通大学密西根学院