[Using Sakai] Sakai Showcase Webinar: "Everything you always wanted to know about Sakai QA but were afraid to ask" July 23, 3:00 PM EDT (12:00 PDT)

Wilma Hodges wilma at longsight.com
Wed Jul 9 13:12:09 PDT 2014

Please join us for this month's Sakai Showcase Webinar! Registration is
free and open to the public. We encourage you to forward this invitation to
colleagues who may also be interested in attending.

*"Everything you always wanted to know about Sakai QA but were afraid to
ask" on July 23, 2014 3:00-4:00 PM EDT (12:00-1:00 PDT) *

Register for the event at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3990519482821486849

Presenter: Neal Caidin

There is no other activity that more greatly benefits the Sakai project,
for which almost everyone is qualified to participate. Come get the big
picture view of how we perform Sakai Quality Assurance (QA) and find out
some important details to help you get started. Learn what the community
needs are for QA testing, aspects of QA testing we believe we could do
better, and areas where we need your help and support. An overview of Sakai
QA will be provided by the Community Coordinator, and there will be plenty
of time for questions and answers.

Neal works for the Apereo Foundation as the Sakai Community Coordinator,
whose primary responsibility is to ensure the continued high quality and
timeliness of Sakai CLE releases. Neal is also a central contact point to
facilitate communication and collaboration within the Sakai community.

Neal’s background includes over 12 years in higher education, including the
management of learning systems like Sakai and Blackboard, integration
projects, and various technology and instructional technology planning
groups. Neal started in technology in the 1990's as a software developer
and transitioned into roles as a project manager, which has been his main
focus for some time (i.e. development skills are rusty). He is formally
certified as a Project Management Professional through PMI.org. Neal
co-founded, though is no longer a participant in, the non-profit open
source group http://www.oscelot.org/ . Neal has other non-technology
community interests and has experience in consensus decision making
processes and other types of creative collaboration.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

Also, if you missed any of our previous webinars, recordings are available
on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/SakaiCLE

Webinar series information is also available at:
http://www.longsight.com/learning-center/news-events

*Wilma Hodges*
Director of Training & eLearning Initiatives
Longsight
wilma at longsight.com
www.longsight.com