[Using Sakai] Music Notation Display & Entry for Tutoring and Assessment

John Diehl jdiehl at umich.edu
Fri Jan 17 08:22:27 PST 2014

Sakai User Community,

It appears clear from the responses I have received that there are no Sakai
based music notation modules to provide these types of assessments and
instruction.  I am confident, however, that the need for such systems is
not unique or new to our school.  I am interested in hearing from the
community of any other examples of Sakai being used to teach standard music
notation skills.  I am also confident that, if we were to develop such a
component, it would be if great value to other schools using Sakai.

Is anyone aware of any Sakai based lessons and/or assessments for basic
music notation?  If so, how were they constructed?  Would anyone be
interested in working collaboratively on development of a Sakai module to
provide the basic music notation functionality required to support such
lessons and assessments?