[Using Sakai] sakai not building properly with maven due to inconsistent pom file

Ganesh Mahadevan gmahadevan89 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 05:07:11 PST 2014

Hi all,

        I checked out sakai-2.9.3 from the svn repository and there seems
to be some issue with the pom file inside the kernel folder. The error
message which i get while building sakai using *mvn -Pcafe clean install*is :

[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.sakaiproject:kernel:pom:1.3.0-a01' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.sakaiproject:kernel

Reason: POM 'org.sakaiproject:kernel' not found in repository: Unable to
download the artifact from any repository

  org.sakaiproject:kernel:pom:1.3.0-a01

from the specified remote repositories:
  default (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
  sakai-maven2-snapshots (http://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2-snapshots),
  sakai-maven2-snaphsots (https://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2-snapshots),
  sakai-maven2 (https://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2)

 for project org.sakaiproject:kernel

Can someone tell me the correct version tag which should be checked out
that is consistent currently with respect to availability of all the pom
files required for the build.