[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Thu Aug 14 11:11:20 PDT 2014

You might try something like:

export JAVA_OPTS='-server -Xms6144m -Xmx6144m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=768m

If you are only running one JVM on the server, that will leave plenty for the system and other stuff.

Also, consider running OpenJDK 7. The garbage collection is more self-tuning and tends to handle these larger heaps more gracefully over time.

Thanks,
-Noah