[Using Sakai] Sakai 2.9 Orientation Tutorial

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Tue Sep 17 12:01:35 PDT 2013

On Sep 17, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Bryan Holladay <holladay at longsight.com> wrote:

> That's a cool feature that I never new about.  The only problem I see is that you usually want the tutorial to only pop up one time and not everytime.  You could add a cookie, but that will eventually go away (or a different browser).  If there was an additional REST service in the tutorial tool to add/check flags, then that would work.

Yeah - switching from a cookie to a REST service is kind of a different discussion from how to get the markup slipped in for a single site and not the rest of the system.  I hope your current code uses a different cookie for the site tutorial than the overall one - because then seeing one would be like seeing them all..

/Chuck