[Using Sakai] Multiple Group-Only access to forums

Kenneth Litwak klitwak at apu.edu
Thu Sep 12 22:54:43 PDT 2013

  In multiple learning management systems I have used before, such as
Blackboard, FIrstClass, and Moodle, I've been able to divide students into
groups and then have them respond to discussion forums by groups.  That
is,when a student goes to a discussion forum,
She posts such that only her group members can see her posts
She can only see posts by her group members.

I do not want to have weekly discussions that all students participate in
as one big group. It makes discussions too hard to follow, manage, or grade.

  The online help shows how to make groups and I have made the groups
contributors to the forums but I see no evidence that the three groups that
I have defined are being separated. How can I accomplish this?  I need to
know right away, so I'd appreciate guidance as soon as possible please.
Thanks.

Ken

Kenneth D. Litwak, Ph.D.
Azusa Pacific University